Solid Edge is a portfolio of affordable, easy-to-use software tools that address all aspects of the product development process – 3D design, simulation, manufacturing, data management and more, thanks to a growing ecosystem of apps. Solid Edge combines the speed and simplicity of direct modeling with the flexibility and control of parametric design – made possible with synchronous technology.
What makes Solid Edge different?
- Solid Edge design: A 3D design system that uses synchronous technology to accelerate design, make revisions faster, and enable better reuse. With 2D drafting, 3D part and assembly modeling, Solid Edge helps companies uniquely design better.
- Solid Edge Simulation: A scalable set of simulation solutions are available for Solid Edge users.
- Solid Edge Manufacturing: A comprehensive set of manufacturing solutions are available for Solid Edge users that enable you to accurately and efficiently manufacture parts designed using Solid Edge. These solutions support a variety of traditional and new manufacturing techniques including machining, welding, sheet metal, molding and additive manufacturing.
- Solid Edge Data Management: Solid Edge data management offers scalable solutions for CAD data management that meet the needs of all manufacturers, from startups and very small firms to larger manufacturers with distributed operations. Solutions range from integrated data management capabilities that are included with Solid Edge, to the comprehensive CAD data management and product lifecycle management (PLM) capabilities of Teamcenter®
- Solid Edge Apps: Solid Edge partners with many companies to create specialized apps to extend your capability. Solid Edge offers an open architecture and encourages other companies to join the program so customers have additional design options.
- Industry Solutions: Solid Edge provides a flexible portfolio of affordable, professional software tools that address all aspects of the product development process for a wide variety of manufacturing industries.
- Solid Edge Academic Program: To address the technology challenges of the future, Siemens PLM Software partners with participating schools, colleges, universities, teachers and students to help increase the number and quality of engineering and product design graduates.
- Solid Edge Videos: See the power of Solid Edge with short demonstrations showcasing synchronous technology, working with imported data, digital prototyping, data management, simulation, and automated drawing production.
***See more about the level of product
SOLID EDGE BROCHURE