Femap, from Siemens PLM Software, delivers just that – affordable, high performance finite element analysis (FEA) modelling for the engineering desktop. Femap is recognized as the world’s leading CAD-independent Windows-native pre- and post- processor for advanced engineering FEA. Femap works with a wide variety of finite element analysis solvers, including industry-leading NX™ Nastran® software.
What makes Femap different?
- CAD-Independent: Femap is CAD-independent and can access geometry data from all major CAD systems including CATIA, Pro/Engineer, NX, Solid Edge, SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Finite Element Modelling: The full finite element model with underlying data is fully exposed by Femap, allowing you to view, create or modify entities directly.
- Finite Element Meshing: Femap’s 3D solid and surface meshers are tuned to generate high-quality meshes, providing well-shaped elements to ensure accurate results.
- Assembly Modelling: Femap with NX Nastran supports assembly modelling, including automatic contact detection that determines the components initially in contact.
- Beam Modelling: Besides solid and shell element models Femap also supports beam modeling and meshing. Model visualization is key to beam modeling, and with Femap you can view these elements as solid components and include offsets.
- Composite Modelling: The use of composite materials in designs has increased significantly in recent years, and Femap can help you model and post process results on composite structures.
- Solver Neutral: Femap is solver-neutral and provides in-depth pre- and post-processing support for all of the main commercial solvers on the market, including NX Nastran, Ansys, LS-DYNA, Abaqus and TMG.
- Post processing: A wealth of visualisation capabilities help you view and interpret the results to quickly understand the model behaviour.
- Scalable Simulation Solutions: Femap with NX Nastran product line offers solution scalability, from the more general simulation capabilities available in the base module to more advanced applications including dynamics, optimisation, advanced non-linear, rotor dynamics, heat transfer and fluid flow in add-on modules.
- Customisation: Femap’s open customisation capability allows complete access to all Femap functions through an OLE/COM object-oriented Application Programming Interface (API), which employs standard, non-proprietary programming languages.
- Usability: Femap’s support of multiple graphics windows and specialized panes, such as the Model Info Tree and Data Table, allow complete access to the finite element model and results data and help promote efficient work flows.