SOLIDWORKS Plastics brings easy-to-use injection molding simulation directly to the designers of plastic parts and injection molds, as well as advanced CAE analysis. It simulates how melted plastic flows during the injection molding process to predict manufacturing-related defects on parts and molds. You can quickly evaluate manufacturability while you design, to eliminate costly mold rework, improve part quality, and accelerate time to market. A Results Adviser provides troubleshooting steps and practical design advice to help diagnose and avoid potential problems.
What makes SolidWorks Plastics different?
3 packages: Standard, Professional, and Premium offer a full range of benefits
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Standard
- CAD Integrated: fully embedded in the SOLIDWORKS environment so you can analyze and modify designs for manufacturability at the same time you optimize for form, fit, and function.
- Easy to Learn and Use: takes only minutes to learn and does not require extensive analysis or plastics expertise.
- Facilitates Design Team Communication: web-based HTML reports make it fast and easy to communicate simulation results and design advice to all members of the design-to-manufacturing team.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Professional
- Avoid Costly Mold Rework: SOLIDWORKS Plastics helps ensure molds will work right the first time to avoid multiple rounds of time-consuming, costly, and unnecessary rework.
- Optimize Feed System Design: analyze sprues, runners, and gates to balance runner systems; optimize gate type, size, and location; determine the best runner layout, size, and cross-sectional shape.
- Estimate Cycle Time, Clamp Tonnage, and Shot Size: enables mold designers, mold makers to quote tooling projects quickly, and accurately; assists manufacturing teams to size the injection-molding machine for a given mold, optimize injection molding cycle time, and reduce plastics material scrap.
SOLIDWORKS Plastics Premium
- Cooling line analysis: Design and analyze simple or complex mold cooling line layouts
- Reduce time and cost: Optimize cooling system design to minimize cycle times and decrease manufacturing costs
- Improve overall process: Optimize part and mold design, material selection, and processing parameters to reduce or eliminate molded part warpage
SOLIDWORKS PLASTICS BROCHURE